Depart from Lahad Datu around 9:30 am from your accommodation. Register at the welcome centre upon arrival and check-in after a briefing by DVFC staff. Meet our in-house guide, settle-in and enjoy lunch. After lunch, chat with your guide to plan your days at DVFC. Relax or take an afternoon siesta before going on a mid-afternoon walk in the area as an introduction to the Borneo Rainforest. The area surrounding the centre teems with wildlife, and it is not unusual for you to spot resident orang utan, hornbills etc. Return to the centre before sundown and enjoy dinner at 7 pm. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4x4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense).
Wake up early for an early morning nature walk nearby DVFC to see the forest come to life. Alternatively, you can also pre-arrange a 4x4 drive to Bukit Atur for a breathtaking sunrise experience atop a canopy of trees – please tell your guide in advance that you are interested in this and they can assist with booking accordingly (additional activity at your own expense). Return to the centre for breakfast and embark on a trail in the area if you wish. Spend the late morning resting before having lunch. After lunch, take a dip at the Ulu Segama River before heading off for another trek – there are various types of trails, and your guide can discuss this with you. Return to the centre in the late afternoon, in time to watch the sky change colour as the sun sets. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4x4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense).
Spend another full day with your guide exploring the forest with more chances to spot wildlife such as gibbons and orang utans. Wander along the trails returning to the lodge and spot birds and other creatures. Spend the rest of the day around the centre or embark on a longer trail if you wish – our guide will have to determine your fitness level before taking you on a long hike. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4x4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense).
Wake up early for an early walk and more wildlife sighting possibilities. Return to the dining hall for breakfast, and spend the rest of your morning at leisure until check out time at 11:00 am. Arrive at Lahad Datu for onward travel at about 1-1:30 pm (We recommend an afternoon flight for travel back to Kota Kinabalu, or let us know, and we can arrange onward transfers to Semporna, Sandakan, Tawau or elsewhere).
• 3 nights’ stay at Danum Valley Field Centre
• All land transfers as per itinerary,
• All meals as per itinerary
• Coffee, tea & drinking water
• Entrance fee
• English speaking guide
• Guided walk
• Leech socks
• Flight ticket
• Travel insurance
• Optional 4x4 activities such as night safari and sunrise trip at Bukit Atur (these can be shared up to 8pax for a total price of 160RM per 4x4)
LOCATION & GETTING THERE
Airport: Lahad Datu Airport, Malaysia (LDU)
Lahad Datu Airport can be easily reach via :
• Kota Kinabalu
• Kuala Lumpur
• Please enquiry
** Bookings with children under the age of 16 will require a private guide at RM350
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Upon confirmation, our reservation team will send you a proforma invoice via email requesting for a 50% non-refundable deposit. Balance payment will be required 45 days prior to departure date.
• Full payment is required for booking less than 45 days prior to departure.
• Up to 45 days prior to departure, only one amendments per booking are permitted free of charge (additional cost may be incurred if pricing of amendments are more than previously agreed). For all subsequent changes there will be an amendment charge of 150 MYR per change.